Screen Annotation software?

Screen Annotation software?

by Paul Norrod -
Number of replies: 2

I am trying to find software that will allow me to use the mouse to draw on the screen (as television sports commentators sometimes do with replays).

I want to be able to draw different styles and colors of freehand lines over anything that is displayed on the screen (under Windows XP).  This ability would greatly enhance my (and my colleagues) ability to point out things on the projection screen without using laser pointers or (more commonly) our fingers wink.

I have searched but have not found anything that will allow me to do this outside of the particular application that supports it (as in Microsoft Paint for example).

The product can be open-source or commercial - I don't mind paying if the price is reasonable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Norrod

Re: Screen Annotation software?

by Robin Good -

The very best screen annotation and live markup tool that is available on the market is Training Tools by Milori.

PC Chalkboard allows you to clearly demonstrate software programs to your audience by creating a clear 'sheet' over the application you are demonstrating for you to draw on.

Milori Training Tools

This is a toolset that lets you annotate the screen while using any application. You have some great tools to highlight specific areas, underline, draw freehand and even a great spotlight to keep everyone focussed on the same item.

Training Tools include also utilities to enlarge a portion of the screen, show the keystrokes you hit on your keyboard visually and play sounds or call up files/web pages at the control of a key. For a live trainer in a computerized classroom or for the international presenter these tools are a must.

Here is the detailed profile:

PC Chalkboard allows you to clearly demonstrate software programs to your audience by creating a clear 'sheet' over the application you are demonstrating for you to draw on.

MagLens helps your audience follow your train of thought by magnifying the area around your mouse cursor while you are moving it around the screen. Easily Pause any image to discuss it with your audience.

Finger Prince is a Training Tool that helps you deliver a more dynamic, smoother presentation by putting all of the reference documents, Help files, web pages and sound effects that you may need during your presentation directly at your finger tips.

Audisee displays an explosive "burst" where you click, and pops up a helpful display when you type, so your audience can understand exactly what you are doing and learn from your actions.

A trial version is available for download.
http://www.milori.com/products/trainingtools/

(These guys have had a great unique product since several years and in the past I tried hard to get a license from them to resell it myself under my own brand. That is how good it is.)

Highly recommended as nothing comes close to it.

Robin Good

What Communication Experts Must Know
http://www.masternewmedia.org/

In reply to Robin Good

Re: Screen Annotation software?

by Paul Norrod -
Robin, a big thank you for the tip about PC Chalkboard.  It is exactly what I and several of my colleagues have been looking for for some time now.  It is not too expensive either.  Cool cool!